Major North American Bank with 750+ Branches Drives Innovation and Enhances Security Measures with G Suite
Maven Wave led a recent G Suite deployment for a major North American bank that resulted in a successful digital transformation, which boosted innovation, strengthened partnerships, increased collaboration, and enhanced security procedures. With 750+ U.S.-based branches, over 65,000 internal users and more than 15,000 shared mailboxes, this financial institution has a large and complicated infrastructure with significant regulatory obligations, as Maven Wave’s new whitepaper explains. The G Suite transformation unlocked the power of Google Cloud while strengthening the bank’s security measures and complying with FINRA and FDIC.
“For years, the financial industry has been slow to adopt the cloud, believing the sector to be too highly regulated for successful cloud deployments. As a result, many financial enterprises still have siloed data, affecting the pace of business and ability to communicate and form insights,” said Andrew Dunmore, Managing Director, Financial Services for Maven Wave. “This case study demonstrates the potential the cloud holds to transform financial firms while enhancing security and compliance efforts. There’s no reason for financial organizations to miss out on innovation, collaboration, cost savings, and efficiencies the cloud delivers.”
A few of the solutions Maven Wave delivered to the bank include:
- Leveraging an existing third-party solution to address FINRA 17a for WORM (Write Once, Read Many) compliance
- Enhanced Google Drive security for an additional layer of defense
- Email analysis capabilities for personally identifiable information, such as Social Security numbers
- Image scanning to mitigate the loss of confidential information they might contain
- Advanced and customized query capabilities of Gmail logs using BigQuery
- Deployment of a third-party solution to discover and store mission-critical email
G Suite also offers a confidential mode for messages, which restricts the ability to forward, copy, print, or download messages, including attachments. Users can also set a message expiration date, revoke message access at any time, and require an SMS verification code to access messages.
To read more about this bank’s G Suite transformation, download the free whitepaper here.
Get the latest industry news and insights delivered straight to your inbox.