23,000 attendees, 290 Google Cloud customer stories and 105 announcements — all in just a few incredible days. Google Cloud Next ’18 was a whirlwind of powerful insights and exciting new releases.
We heard the latest on artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, security and containers, as well as a flurry of enterprise-focused launches and updates including:
- Some of the world’s largest companies are “going Google”: Announcements included Nielsen, Target, eBay, HSBC, Twitter, and many more.
- Managed Istio: Google introduced a fully-managed service on GCP for Istio, an open-source project that creates a service mesh to manage and control microservices.
- Cloud AutoML Vision, AutoML Natural Language, and AutoML Translation: Powerful ML models that can be extended to suit specific needs, without requiring any specialized knowledge in machine learning or coding.
- BigQuery ML: A new capability that allows data analysts and data scientists to easily build machine learning models directly from BigQuery with simple SQL commands, making machine learning more accessible to all.
- Contact Center AI: This new solution helps live agents and performs analytics.
- Added functionality in G Suite:
- Smart Compose allows you to autocomplete emails by filling in common phrases
- Smart Reply in Hangouts Chat leverages AI to determine which messages need responses and suggests those replies
- Voice Commands for Hangouts Meet hardware allows teams to start video meetings in a snap with Google Assistant
- Added data regions for G Suite allows users to decide where to store their primary data for certain G Suite apps
- New investigation tool in the Security Center allows admins to pinpoint potentially infected users and more
(Click here to read about all the new products and solutions announced).
And as Google Cloud’s latest North America Services Partner of the Year, so are we! That’s right — we were proud to be recognized during the Google Cloud Partner Awards for distinguished performance in helping Google Cloud customers with their digital transformation journeys. We also released more exciting news during the event about achieving the Enterprise Collaboration Partner Specialization in the Google Cloud Partner Specialization Program. And just prior to the show, we announced a new solution that harnesses Google’s sophisticated analytics and cloud services to optimize and automate customers’ digital marketing strategies.
In addition, we were thrilled to participate extensively in the Google Cloud Next ‘18 agenda. Click on these links to view a few of the sessions our team was involved in:
- How GCP is Helping AAA Northern California Revolutionize the Member Experience – link coming soon
- G Suite: From Like to Love
- Right Message, Right Product, Right Time: Game Changing Marketing with GCP and ML
Overall, it was an invigorating, collaborative, insightful week of talking all things Google Cloud. We had a lot of fun along the way, evidenced by the below photos of our “Evening of Jazz & Spirits” event, which we co-hosted alongside AODocs, BetterCloud and LumApps.
Thanks to everyone who connected with us during the show. If you’d like to hear more about the solutions discussed at Google Cloud Next, let us know. See you next year, San Francisco!