Over the next five years, businesses of every kind will be transformed by smart data, analytics, machine learning, and digital communications. The competitive advantage of the future will be achieved with digital technology. The cloud partners that you choose will matter. It amounts to picking which technology curve to bet on, and it’s a long-term one: there’s more to be had than cost savings and increased security. For these reasons, Maven Wave has continued to invest with Google to take our client’s businesses into the digital future.
Last week, Google announced a rebrand of their enterprise business: introducing Google Cloud. Google Cloud is their unique and broad set of products, technologies, and services that enable digital transformation. Google Cloud’s comprehensive portfolio helps enterprises innovate faster, scale smarter, stay secure, and do more with data. The product portfolio includes Google Cloud Platform, Maps and Machine Learning APIs, Chrome and Android, and G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Work).
Also announced last week was a rebrand of Google Apps for Work; now called G Suite. G Suite is a cloud-based productivity suite that is designed to bring people together with real-time collaboration. G Suite includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Hangouts, and more. These tools help businesses break down silos, connect people, and empower them to work together.
Google has been driving machine intelligence research for over a decade. The company announced several new machine intelligence capabilities across G Suite to solve everyday challenges for employees, giving them more time to spend on what really matters. Below is a summary of some of the product enhancements:
- Quick Access in Drive on Android: Based on signals like your interaction with colleagues, recurring meetings, and activity in Drive, machine intelligence helps Drive understand the rhythm of your workday and offers the files you need before you even ask.
- Find a time on Google Calendar: Calendar helps you easily find a time when meeting invitees are free and suggests available rooms based on previous bookings. Calendar also suggests times across a group where the conflicts are easiest to resolve.
- Explore in Google Sheets: Simply enter your question using natural language and Explore will translate your question into a formula and offer an instant answer.
- Explore in Google Docs: Explore will automatically recommend related topics to learn about, images to insert, and find related documents in Drive.
- Explore in Google Slides: As you add content to your presentations, Explore offers layout suggestions that help enhance your content and polish your slides.
- Drive for Teams: Content ownership and sharing is managed at the team level, and new roles give more granular control over team content. Team Drive is currently available to a small set of customers through an Early Adopter Program (to be expanded to all customers at a later date).
- Meetings for Teams: A new Hangouts video experience that requires no downloads, no browser plugins, you can invite anyone, and join from any device, even without an account or a data connection. An updated user interface accommodates up to 50 video participants and seamless integration into Calendar and instant screen sharing. Similar to Team Drive, this new meeting experience is currently available to a small set of customers through an Early Adopter Program.
These updates to G Suite will help employees take back the time that they spend on manual, repetitive tasks and help them work better together. With an increasing focus on solutions that are enterprise-focused, machine learning, and breaking down silos, Google Cloud is the partner to take the enterprise into the digital future.