Since inventing the high-speed rotary tool more than 75 years ago, Dremel has become the trusted name in high-speed rotary tool technology, providing creative solutions for hands-on professionals, homeowners, craftspeople and artists alike.
Dremel decided to enter the mobile marketing arena with the launch of a mobile optimized website and interactive QR codes to drive in-store purchases. The user experience for the new mobile website needed to provide concise features, and easily navigable content designed to ensure users are always only a few clicks away from the information they need to help them make a purchase decision.
- Created a site targeted for mobile device browsers rather than building individualized apps
- Developed home-grown intuitive CMS system
- QR Code (2D Barcode) platform
- Campaigns and reports (with export to Excel)
- The mobile optimized website eliminates the necessity for a brand to build multiple “apps” for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, etc.
- Utilizing in-store mobile tags makes accessing information faster and easier for the consumer
- Using QR Codes as a bridge between the brand and the consumer gives them direct access to product information that can influence purchasing and decision-making
- Dremel Mobile program now has in-store placement at Home Depot, Lowes and Sears stores across the United States
- Increase in mobile scans of in-store campaigns year over year by average of 40% since program began
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- QR Code generation and tracking
To view the new site, please visit https://www.dremel.com using your mobile device.