As some employees continue to work from home while others return to offices part-time, and some retailers and restaurants cautiously reopen, we’re all still continually adjusting to this less-than-normal year. While living and working in this “new normal,” it’s easy to miss some of the announcements and developments coming out of the Google Cloud ecosystem. Read our round-up below for the latest from Google Cloud and Maven Wave:
- Google Cloud Next ‘20: OnAir kicks off July 14: Google Cloud is hosting a compelling multi-week series with fresh on-demand content each week, showcasing the latest in cloud technology and innovation. Register now for free access to the digital event.
- Cambridge Health Alliance implements Google Meet with Epic for telehealth: Maven Wave worked with CHA to put in place groundbreaking, HIPAA-compliant Google Meet video conferencing capabilities integrated with Epic in a few short weeks.
- Enterprise guide to empowering remote work with G Suite: As employees continue to work remotely and some slowly return to the office part-time, organizations are looking ahead to what the “new normal” will be. This guide offers best practices and tips to enable a remote workforce for success.
- Google is introducing Meet in Gmail on mobile devices: Google announced that it will be launching Meet in Gmail on mobile with its own dedicated Meet tab in the iOS and Android mobile apps. The change will enable users to start or join a meeting without leaving the app and will roll out in early July.
- Google Cloud and SAP partner to help customers digitally transform: The two organizations have announced a new SAP data center powered by Google Cloud infrastructure. This data center will be dedicated solely to running SAP applications to support customers without the risk of being impacted by external influence.
- Google announces new features to coincide with 15 years of Google Maps: Google announced some new Maps features in line with its 15 year anniversary. Local Context enables companies to show the details of nearby places on a map on your web app or site. This allows users to explore the map without needing to navigate away. Other new features include an industry solution for gaming and more tooling and resources for developers.
- UT Austin takes on the opioid epidemic in Texas: Maven Wave is working with the University of Texas at Austin and Google Cloud to build on a digital platform that will improve data reporting and distribution to tackle the opioid epidemic.
- A look back to celebrate 10 years of BigQuery: BigQuery recently celebrated 10 years since its initial launch. As an early entrant to the Google Cloud Partner ecosystem, we at Maven Wave take a look back at the journey of seeing the platform grow and evolve from beta to the industry leader it is today.
- Google adds new firewall features to provide additional flexibility and control: Google has introduced new firewall features. Hierarchical firewall policies will allow for both centralized control at the organization and folder level with the ability to delegate more granular control to a project’s owner. Firewall insights will enable users to optimize configurations with several detection capabilities.
Maven Wave can assist with the business-critical problems your company is facing due to the pandemic with a set of rapid response services specifically to support you. We can help your company get set up with G Suite Essentials – including Meet, enterprise-grade video conferencing – for free in as little as a week.
Don’t forget to come back in a few weeks for more updates from Maven Wave and Google Cloud!
Get the latest industry news and insights delivered straight to your inbox.