With the start of October, in addition to pulling out our sweaters, picking some apples, and maybe carving a pumpkin or two, we’re preparing for the end of the year. While we move into the last quarter of 2020 and face another unpredictable year in 2021, Maven Wave and Google Cloud continue their commitment to supporting businesses through the challenges that have arisen – from connecting remote workforces to enabling new ways of doing business and everything in between. Below is our round-up of the latest from the Google Cloud ecosystem.
- AI Platform Prediction improves reliability & ML workflow integration: The AI Prediction Platform based on a Google Kubernetes Engine backend is now generally available. The platform enables organizations to support hosting trained ML models in TensorFlow, XGBoost, and Scikit-Learn in the cloud to send them prediction requests. The new architecture is designed to offer improved reliability and more flexibility.
- Analyst studies show benefits of SAP on Google Cloud: Recent studies from Forrester and IDC show impressive ROI for customers who migrate their SAP environments to Google Cloud. Highlighted benefits include direct cost savings, improved uptime, efficiency gains, lower infrastructure costs, limited unplanned downtime, and more.
- Modernizing legacy applications to be cloud-based: Many businesses have an application portfolio that includes legacy apps with reliance on traditional data center infrastructures. Join Maven Wave for a webinar on October 8 at 12 pm CT to learn how to build your app modernization plan.
- Google introduces new security and management controls: Google Cloud has announced new controls to enable extensibility through APIs, group membership automation through dynamic groups, security groups for Cloud Identity, and more.
- A guide to running Oracle workloads with Google Cloud Platform: Oracle workloads can present an additional roadblock to overall digital transformation efforts. Learn how to simplify cloud migration and take advantage of Google Cloud with Oracle-dependent workloads in our guide.
- Gartner names Google a leader for Full Life Cycle API Management: Gartner has named Google (Apigee) as a Leader and listed it highest of all included vendors in the 2020 Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management.
- Fleet-wide monitoring for Compute Engine VMs now available: Cloud Monitoring now offers visibility into the entire Compute Engine VM fleet, including a new Infrastructure Summary dashboard to monitor fleet health and an expanded VM instances dashboard to help with troubleshooting.
- How to experience immediate ROI from your cloud transformation: Data center transformation can help fund modernization by removing infrastructure costs and adjusting resource allocation. Join Maven Wave’s experts on October 14 at 12 pm CT to learn how to experience immediate ROI.
Come back to our blog next month for more updates from Maven Wave and Google Cloud. If you’d like to stay in the loop with our latest white papers, customer stories, blogs, and upcoming events subscribe to our newsletter.
Maven Wave works with leading companies to implement innovative solutions that address the needs of businesses during this unprecedented time. To learn more about how we can help with your digital transformation, contact us to set up a time to speak with our experts.
Get the latest industry news and insights delivered straight to your inbox.