Google Cloud Next 2021 is nearly here once again, and we almost can’t believe it. (Did the last year fly by or is it just us?) If you’re not familiar with Google Cloud Next, it’s Google’s annual conference that focuses entirely on the present and future of cloud and provides a wealth of knowledge that’s sure to inspire. This year, the event runs from October 12–14 and will be fully digital. Here at Maven Wave and Atos, we’ve been cooking up some really exciting content for this year’s event, and we can’t wait to share it with you.
This year, the sessions have been split up into two categories: on-demand sessions that you can watch at your own pace and live spotlights that you can stream as they happen. Read on for information on all the sessions brought to you by Maven Wave and Atos at this year’s event!
- Description: Patient care providers have limited time to devote to learning new technologies in the best of times, but between siloed hospital systems and multiple mail platforms amidst a global pandemic, CommonSpirit Health was in need of a better way to collaborate. CommonSpirit Health’s migration to Google Workspace represents the largest Google Workspace migration by a healthcare company to date at 165,000 employees, spread across more than 1,000 care sites in 21 states. Not only is the size of the migration significant, but the timing of the transition during a global pandemic required thoughtful and creative planning for the change management component of the engagement. This session will cover the pain points that led CommonSpirit Health to choose Google Workspace, how the organization navigated change while remote during the pandemic, and the positive impacts of the migration across the organization to date.
- Jason Richeson, Sr. Vice President, Technology Infrastructure, CommonSpirit Health
- Elias Ruvalcaba, Head of Google Workspace Sales, Maven Wave
- Date: Tuesday, October 12
- Time: 9:40-10:00 AM PDT
- Description: Underserved populations are at higher risk for chronic illnesses like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, due to difficulty accessing quality care. If missed or left undiagnosed, the long-term impacts on health outcomes and cost increases. This session will discuss how we partnered with a healthcare provider to collect data using wearable devices and IoT technology to show people exactly how their habits affect their health. Once securely stored in Google Cloud, the data is leveraged to provide real-time recommendations to send personalized notifications to patients. This is one of many ways we can help provide personalized care to those who may not have easy access to traditional means. The combination of the ability to predict outcomes with customized prevention plans results in better care for all.
- Gretchen Peters, Healthcare Practice Lead, Maven Wave
- Date: Tuesday, October 12
- Time: 10:40-11:00 AM PDT
- Description: Data is critical in meeting the demands of changing consumer behavior but for most retail and consumer goods organizations, data is traditionally locked in closed systems, is difficult to access, and requires investment to integrate in a timely manner. In this demo, we will show you how we are helping retailers easily gain access to real-time data to quickly make decisions without requiring advanced technical skills sets.
- Chris Daniel, Retail & Consumer Goods Practice Lead, Maven Wave
- Sachin Joshi, GCP Solutions Engineering Lead, Maven Wave
- Description: In manufacturing, time is money. Manufacturers must be proactive by implementing predictive maintenance to avoid costly downtime. In this session, we will discuss how we are helping customers connect data and machine learning algorithms into interactive dashboards to accurately predict maintenance on a real-time basis. With GCP, Edge, 5G, and advanced analytics, Atos is accelerating and scaling outcomes in manufacturing.
- Paulo Pereira, Chief Innovation Officer, Cloud Enterprise Solutions, Atos
- Description: Enterprises are in search of a proven strategy that generates early returns in the mainframe to cloud journey. Atos & Google have partnered to deliver an industry-leading solution for mainframe modernization with unique transitional infrastructure arrangements that address the near-term challenges of operating a mainframe environment while driving continuous innovation on Google Cloud Platform.
- Andrew Dunmore, Financial Services Practice Lead, Maven Wave
- Adam Erdesky, Cloud Enterprise Solutions Engineer, Maven Wave
- Description: Having access to better collaboration tools in any industry makes a huge difference in productivity and innovation. But for healthcare and life sciences (HCLS) organizations, changing the tools the workforce is using on a daily basis can be more difficult due to the complex administrative processes, clinicians being mobile throughout the day, and the urgent nature of certain roles, such as EMTs. It truly requires an effective organizational change management program to train employees on the new tools in a way that works for them. In this session, learn how we led one HCLS organization of 160,000 users to adopt Google Workspace effectively.
- Brookley Calvin, Change Management Practice Lead, Maven Wave
We hope you’ll join us for this year’s conference — it’s sure to be an inspiring experience that you won’t want to miss! If you haven’t signed up for Google Cloud Next ‘21, you can register now for free. We can’t wait to “see” you there!
Get the latest industry news and insights delivered straight to your inbox.