The biggest event of the year for the Google Cloud community is only two weeks away, and it’s an understatement to say we’re excited. After all, last year’s conference was an exhilarating success. As usual, thought leadership will be one of the highlights of Google Cloud Next ‘19. This year, Maven Wave is focusing on showing what’s possible in the cloud. Our experts are proud to participate by providing insights on the strategies, trends and tips we’ve discovered and implemented successfully for our clients.
This year, we’re hosting a series of discussions at our booth, #S1133, (RSVP here) and participating in four sessions on the main Google stage, all centered on how #YouCouldInTheCloud.
Keep reading to learn more about those four sessions, and mark them on your schedule if you’re attending #GoogleNext19, too.
- Date/Time: April 9, 12:45 – 1:35 p.m
- Location: Palace / Gold
- David Patterson – Senior Principal, Maven Wave
- Jawad Khan – Director of Data Science and Knowledge Management, Rush University Medical Center
- Vasudha Gupta – Customer Engineer, Google Cloud
- Description: Rush University Medical Center has identified an opportunity to standardize treatment and improve outcomes for their patients by drawing structured insights (SNOMED codes) from previously unstructured data. Specifically, the provider, pathology, and lab notes stored in their EMR system contain all of the data necessary to generate a more complete picture of patients’ health experience, from complaint and diagnosis to treatment and outcome. Maven Wave is working with Rush to implement a solution to map notes to SNOMED codes, allowing for a more objective approach to clinical care. Learn more about how Maven Wave, Rush, and Google are working to address this challenge.
- Date/Time: April 10, 1:55 – 2:45 p.m.
- Location: DA310
- Matt Powers – Senior Consultant, Maven Wave
- Charles Brooks – Director of Data Strategy, AAA Auto Club Group
- Sara Robinson – Developer Advocate, Google Cloud
- Description: For organizations looking to bring the power of machine learning to their decision making, BigQuery ML provides an approachable way to start. In this session, we will introduce how to use BQML for training regression and classification models. We will then hear from AAA’s Auto Club Group, where they’re using BQML and Google Sheets to predict call volume into their call centers and see a demo of a similar architecture in action.
- Date/Time: April 10, 4:50 – 5:40 p.m.
- Location: TBD
- Brookley Calvin – Change Management, Maven Wave
- Aspi Havewala – Director of Systems Engineering, Verizon
- Description: As the modern technology landscape continues to evolve, two traditional pillars remain unchanged: Security and Change Management. Attend this session to learn how organizations can move to the cloud without compromising security and reap the rewards of a cloud-first mentality. Join Verizon and Maven Wave in this session as they walk through their journey to the cloud, highlighting critical components for successful delivery and adoption.
- Date/Time: April 11, 1:15 – 2:05 p.m.
- Location: MLAI229
- Brad Foster – Partner, Maven Wave
- Mary Elizabeth LoVerdi – Senior Vice President, Digital Experience Solutions, Northern Trust
- Description: With more than $1 trillion in assets under management, global financial services company Northern Trust is using digital personalization to enhance its high-touch client experience and support continued growth. In this session, Northern Trust and Maven Wave will provide an overview of an integrated client data platform on GCP that provides a multi-dimensional view of clients. Combing first- and third-party client and market data, the platform includes comprehensive analytics that will enable employees to better drive the client service experience.
If you’re attending Google Next ‘19, be sure to stop by Booth #S1133 to meet our team of experts. We look forward to connecting with you. Also, keep an eye on our blog next week for a more in-depth breakdown of all the Maven Wave booth sessions happening during the conference.
Get the latest industry news and insights delivered straight to your inbox.