While most of us were busy watching football, eating turkey, and catching up with family members over Thanksgiving, there was plenty to be thankful for in the world of Google Cloud with new product announcements and news coming out. So what’s new? Forrester and Gartner recognition, details on how Cloud AI is being applied in the retail industry, new G Suite features, and a new Google Cloud Network Intelligence Center. Read our round-up of the latest product updates and news from Google Cloud and Maven Wave below:
- Google Cloud named as a leader in Computer Vision Platforms and Operational Database Management: The Forrester New Wave: Computer Vision Platforms Q4 2019 report names Google Cloud as a leader, earning the highest score of all of the vendors evaluated. The report shows that Google Cloud enables more personas to build a wider, better range of computer vision solutions and recommends it as the platform of choice. Gartner has also named Google Cloud as a leader in the 2019 Magic Quadrant report for Operational Database Management.
- Enterprise Guide to Getting Started with Anthos: If you’re a decision-maker in an enterprise IT management role weighing the options for hybrid and multi-cloud and looking toward digital transformation, you may be wondering how Anthos fits into the picture. Read our new guide for a comprehensive overview of what Anthos has to offer.
- How Cloud AI helps retailers manage the holiday shopping rush: Large spikes in online shopping and in-store traffic occur this time of year as people shop for holiday gifts. Google Cloud is changing the way retailers optimize operations during this busy time. For example, by using Cloud AI, the eCommerce data company 3PM is helping retailers track sites selling counterfeit versions of their products to help protect their brand reputation. Meanwhile, Tulip is using Cloud AI to power in-store apps that enable retailers to provide associates with customer insights and identify personalized sales opportunities.
- Drive file suggestion available in Google Chrome: Starting December 16, users will be able to use their Chrome URL bar to search for files in their Google Drive, eliminating the need to first navigate to drive.google.com in order to search. This will be enabled by default, but Admins can turn it off from the Admin console.
- Use Google Assistant with G Suite on-the-go: With a new beta program, Google Assistant can respond to voice commands to perform tasks in G Suite. Specifically, Google Assistant can read your schedule to you, edit Calendar events, send emails, and dial into meetings.
- New Network Intelligence Center for Google Cloud: Google Cloud has introduced a new Network Intelligence Center. This platform will enable monitoring, verification, and optimization in the cloud and in on-prem data centers for multi- and hybrid-cloud operations.
- Batch on GKE enables running batch workloads at scale: Google Cloud has introduced Batch, a cloud-native solution that enables users to run batch workloads at scale on Google Kubernetes Engine. The tool includes autoscaling and just-in-time provisioning, rightsizing and smart reuse of virtual machines, resource budget, Graphics Processing Unit support, and a job submission tool.
- Contact Center AI now live to support enhanced customer experience: Contact Center AI is now generally available. This tool will enable companies to improve the customer experience and increase operational efficiency using the Virtual Agent and Agent Assist features.
- Streaming analytics updates in Cloud Dataflow: To make streaming analytics simpler and more cost-effective, Google has introduced new features in preview for Cloud Dataflow SQL and made Cloud Dataflow Flexible Resource Scheduling generally available. The new features in Cloud Dataflow SQL include Cloud Storage file support and a visual schema editor.
Check back in a few weeks for more updates from Maven Wave and Google Cloud. If you’re interested in learning more about the capabilities of GCP, subscribe to our newsletter to get customer stories, white papers, the latest events and more delivered directly to your inbox.
As the two-time Google Cloud Services Partner of the Year, Maven Wave works with leading companies to make the shift to digital with solutions that are agile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud. To learn more about how we can help with your digital transformation, contact us to set up a time to speak with our experts.
CLOUD & MOBILE APPS
Get the latest industry news and insights delivered straight to your inbox.