We’re less than two months into 2020, but there’s a lot happening in the world of Google Cloud and Maven Wave. Between acquisitions on both sides, new Forrester reports on Anthos and analytics, G Suite updates, and more, it can be hard to keep up. Read our round-up of the latest in the Google Cloud ecosystem to stay up-to-speed:
- Atos completes acquisition of Maven Wave: Atos has completed its acquisition of Maven Wave. Together, Maven Wave and Atos create the strongest Google Cloud services portfolio globally, providing proven expertise and knowledge in executing digital transformation and delivering outstanding experiences for customers.
- Google completes acquisition of Looker: Google has completed its acquisition of Looker. The joint operation positions them to meet the data analytics and business intelligence needs of the enterprise today.
- Forrester report shows Anthos customers experience 4.8x ROI: Forrester put out a report that evaluates the benefits, costs, and risks of an investment in Anthos for a customer. Results show several positive outcomes for the enterprise, including a 4.8x return on investment.
- Maven Wave achieves ninth Google Cloud Specialization, for security: Maven Wave has earned the Security Partner Specialization from Google Cloud, proving our expertise and success in securing enterprise customer infrastructure and workflows.
- Forrester names Google Cloud as a leader in Data Management for Analytics: Forrester has named Google Cloud as a Leader in Data Management for Analytics. The report assesses Google Cloud’s broader data analytics portfolio, with a focus on BigQuery, against other vendors in the industry.
- Maven Wave to showcase solutions enabling patient-centric care with Google Cloud at HIMSS 2020: Several of Maven Wave’s clients and experts will be speaking at HIMSS 2020 to share details on our work enabling patient-centric care with Google Cloud. Attendees can stop by booth #4243 to meet our team and learn more about our healthcare solutions.
- Google introduces Anthos Ready Storage: Anthos has introduced a new qualification for its partner storage solutions called Anthos Ready Storage. The criteria to be named a partner includes demonstrating core Kubernetes functionality, proving the ability to automatically manage storage across cluster scale-up and scale-down scenarios, and having a simplified deployment experience.
- Gmail changes to multiple inboxes starting February 20: End users will notice a change to the layout of multiple inboxes within Gmail starting on Feb 20, 2020. New features include independent scrolling, a unified toolbar, and adjustable width in right-side configurations. However, multiple inboxes will no longer support the three-pane layouts with the preview pane view.
- Use groups to manage Context-Aware Access for G Suite: G Suite has introduced new functionality to allow admins to use groups to manage context-aware access, whereas previously they could only be managed by organizational unit. This provides more granular access controls with less legwork for admins.
- Google introduces Stackdriver Cloud Monitoring API: Google’s new Stackdriver Cloud Monitoring dashboards API is now generally available. It enables users to create, manage, and delete their dashboards to easily track metrics over time.
Stay tuned to our blog in a few weeks for more updates from Maven Wave and Google Cloud. If you’re interested in learning more about how Google Cloud can work for you, subscribe to our newsletter to get our latest white papers, customer stories, blogs, and upcoming events delivered directly to your inbox.
As the two-time Google Cloud Services Partner of the Year, Maven Wave, an Atos company. works with leading companies to make the shift to digital with solutions that are agile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud. To learn more about how we can help with your digital transformation, contact us to set up a time to speak with our experts.
Get the latest industry news and insights delivered straight to your inbox.